Art & Culture vs Xenophobia
"Art and Culture Vs Xenophobia" is a project to tackle the phenomenon of xenophobia and hate speech, due to lack of inclusion and tolerance towards the‘Other’, with Art and Culture as tools.
The aim of the project is to support networking, promotion and empowerment of organizations dealing with combating racism and xenophobia in Greece and Norway through the promotion of Best Practices projects that have been implemented for this purpose with Art and the Culture as tools and raise general awareness against racism, intolerance and the promotion of equality and respect for diversity through Art and Culture.
The project includes :
- Research and collection of good practices through an open call to civil society organizations, visualization of data
- Meeting and Labs in "Art and Culture Vs Xenophobia" event on November 4-6, in Athens, Greece and on November 20, 2020 in Ås, Norway.
- Good practice exhibition and presentation during the meeting and online
- Music performance “Every trip is a trip one-way” from Baumstrasse - Dromos me Dentra.
- Photo exhibition Tolerance(s) on xenophobia
Beneficiaries of the project are civilian organizations in Greece and Norway, social and cultural groups, artists, policy makers, public bodies,trainers of all levels, school students,. Also new journalists, Bloggers,Contributors, Photographers, Journalists. Scientists / Researchers.
Who are we
The Art and Culture Vs Xenophobia project is being implemented under the Active Citizens fund program, by Artifactory and its partners, the Ås Art & Music School (Kulturskolen i Ås) (Municipality of Ås in Norway) and Baumstrasse- O dromos me dentra.
Non profit organization ARTIFACTORY as a promoter will design and implement
- the overall mapping of Best Practices, from the open call to their presentation in the exhibition and the Web, the organisation of the Meeting, the organisation and co-ordination of individuals, groups, volunteers and actors involved in the implementation and sustainability of the project
- the imprinting, evaluation and planning of the results of the Workshops and the Meeting
- the creative identity and communication design of the project posters and production of the photography exhibition
- design and production of research results (Meeting, Internet).
Ås Municipality's Ås Art & Music School partner will co-design and implement:
- the mapping of Best Practices in Norway, the organization of the meeting,
- the mapping, evaluation and planning of the results of the Workshops and the Meeting
- the Communication Plan both in Greece and in Norway,
- the viability and diffusion of the project in Norway after the end of the project in Greece.
"Baumstrasse -Dromos me Dentra" partner will participate in the collection and study of good practices, by contributing with its own works, will create and present the musical performance “Every trip is a one way trip” in which songs, texts and poems will be heard in various languages with the participation of prominent Greek and foreign artists.
Active citizens fund in Greece
The Active citizens fund in Greece is supported through a € 12m grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway as part of the EEA Grants 2014 - 2021.
The program aims to develop the sustainability and capacity of the civil society sector in Greece, and to strengthen its role in promoting and safeguarding democratic procedures, active citizenship and human rights.
The Fund Operator for the Active citizens fund in Greece is Bodossaki Foundation in consortium with SolidarityNow.
For more information: www.activecitizensfund.gr
Τhe EEA Grants are jointly financed by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The EEA Grants are available to the 13 EU member countries that joined the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA) in 2004, 2007 and 2013 as well as Greece and Portugal.
The decision-making body of the EEA Grants is the Financial Mechanism Committee, which is composed of representatives of the Foreign Ministries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Τhe Fund Operator for the Active citizens fund programme in Greece is Bodossaki Foundation in consortium with SolidarityNow.
For more information:
The Bodossaki Foundation is one of the most respected privately-owned public benefit organizations in
The Foundation is the culminating point of its founder’s brilliant course in life and remains the carrying
vessel of the values and ideas that he faithfully served throughout his eventful life.
The Foundation was established in 1972 by Prodromos – Bodossakis Athanassiades who decided to donate his entire fortune to support health care, equal opportunities, quality in education, scientific progress and environmental protection.
The Foundation has a deep knowledge of social needs in Greece and has administered so far more than €450m supporting its causes.
The Bodossaki Foundation also supports NGOs working with socially vulnerable groups and has lately set the strengthening of civil society as one of its primary objectives. Since 2013 it administers the regranting facilities of the EEA Grants for civil society in Greece.
For more information:
SolidarityNow (SN) is a non-governmental organization established in 2013 to respond to the needs, and advocate for the rights of the most vulnerable and marginalized groups, indiscriminately.
SN’s Headquarters are in Athens, with large operations in Thessaloniki and activities across the country.
The organization’s vision is to improve people’s lives and to empower them to create a just and inclusive society. SN’s actions fall under three main strategic priorities:
a) Promoting safety and protection;
b) Catalyzing livelihoods opportunities;
c) Strengthening the independence of civil society and defending open society values.
SN has supported 300,000 people to date, both through direct project implementation and through regranting programmes. Through its regranting initiatives, SN has supported 73 different programs and provided a total funding of € 14.4M to support Greek civil society organizations.
For more information:
#artculturevsxenophobia #acvsx #Art #Culture #Xenophobia #Hatespeech #Racism #Inclusion #Multiculturalsociety #Socialaspect #exclusion #denigratedgroups #artifactory #spatialawareness, #livablesociety #activecitizensfund_GR #ACF_GR #activecitizens#civilsociety @activecitizensfundGreece @EEA and NorwayGrants @EEA GrantsGreece @Bodossaki Foundation @SolidarityNow